image via Teen Vogue
miércoles, 23 de septiembre de 2009
Forever 21: Pintucked Zipped Silk Top, $30.
Young, Fabulous, and Broke: Linen Shorts in Tan, $80.
Alexander Wang: Jess Small Shopper, $900.
8020: Alex Woven Sandal, $55.
Elizabeth and James: Breast Cancer Awareness Necklace, $58.
Alex and Ani: Tree of Life Expandable Bangle Set, $108.
domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2009
miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2009
Lauren Conrad is one of my favorite celebrities. Many people may say that she has no talent and many ask why is she famous in the first place, but I think she is awesome. Besides being incredibly pretty, she dresses exquisitely well and she doesn't seem like a fame whore. Months ago Conrad announced she was closing down her clothing line for an indefinite amount of time and that she was collaborating with Kohl's to create a more affordable line. Here is the first look of the line thanks to Shape Magazine’s September 2009 issue.
martes, 25 de agosto de 2009
Salvatore Ferragamo and Yohji Yamamoto have teamed up to create a collection of both men and women's shoes for the Fall-Winter '09 season. Yohji Yamamoto visited the brand's company and was amazed at how many steps there were to take to make a shoe, according to James Ferragamo, head of the leather goods department.
The Lemno Brogue shoe is a favorite of Sienna Miller and Leighton Meester.
I just found out that one of my favorite designers has a book! Yes, it is not new but still! I love Paul Smith's preppy yet fun clothing. It is not a traditional fashion book, but it is Paul's thoughts and ideas on paper. I will be buying this soon! You can buy it through Amazon.
jueves, 20 de agosto de 2009
click on the image for larger view
Here is the guy's guide to the new school year. Prominent colors for this season are burgundy paired with grey and blacks.
- Rugby: Vintage Chino University Pant, $70.
- Propr: Fleece Cotton Cardigan, $118.
- American Eagle: Eagle Stripped Shirt, $30.
- Billy Jealousy: Cool Medium Hair Gel, $16.
- Lyle Scott: White Fine Stripe Pocket Tee, $58.
- J. Press: Navy/Burgundy Block Stripe Tie, $60.
- J. Crew: Solid Tweed Sportcoat, $265.
- John Varvatos: Toffee Suede "Sydney" Loafer, $208.
- Gap: New Solid Oxford, $45.
- Gap: Argyle V-Neck Sweater, $50.
- APC: Cuir Ceinture, $104.
- Apple: MacBook Pro 13-Inch, $1,2oo.
- BlackBerry: Curve 8520, $300.
- Paul Smith: "Good Luck" Socks, $30.
- Rugby: Grey Skinny Jeans, $128.
- Jack Spade: Canvas Field Bag, $150.
- J. Crew: Broken-in Pocket Jersey Polo, $30
- Modern Amusement: Fishing Line Refined Sweater, $138.
- Steven Alan: New Paul Short, $100.
- Rugby: Yellow Stripe Grosgrain Belt, $40.
- Ralph Lauren Purple Label: Round Glasses, $400.
- Polo Ralph Lauren: Terrence Venetian Driver, $98.
- Rugby: Skull-and-Stripe Socks, $15.
- J. Crew: Fleece Shawl-Collar Cardigan, $80.
- Rugby: Small Skull Polo, $50.
Gwyneth Paltrow has an amazing sense of style, and she is also an amazing business woman. Besides her acting career, Ms. Paltrow also has a weekly newsletter, GOOP, is planning to open her own gym, and now she has launched a fashion line of her own. Gwyneth teamed up with Zoe Tee's to create a clothing line called Zoe Tee's Loves Gwyneth Paltrow. The line will be sold at London's Matches (online and in-store starting today).
miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2009
click on the image for a larger view
In honor of all students going back to high school or college, this is a style page on loads of new stuff for the new school year. When I think of school, I think on preppy outfits with blazers and stripes. Think about the uniforms on Gossip Girl or Harry Potter. I love the red jacket by Rugby because most uniforms are very plain with basic colors like white, black and navy and this will add a pop of color to any uniform. The Diane von Furstenburg hat is also loads of fun.
Where to get:
- Banana Republic: Button-down Shirt, $60
- Gap: Shrunken Herringbone Blazer, $98
- Steven Alan: Abby Blouse, $198
- Top Shop: Cardigan, $50
- Marc by Marc Jacobs: Miss Marc Stud Earings, $38
- Valentino: Couture Patent Leather Pumps, $745
- Kate Spade: Bangles, $42
- Diane von Furstenburg: Gallinet Pom Pom Hat, $200
- Dior: Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum, $56
- Rugby: Charlotte Slim Wool Jacket, $298
- Anya Hindmarch: Homework Canvas Tote, $98
- Diane von Furstenburg: Tiger Scarf, $180
- Toy Watch: Neon Acrylic Watch, $195
- See Jane Work: Basics Composition Books, $8
- J. Press: Watchband, $30
- Rugby: Skull and Crest Pencil Case, $15
- Top Shop: Cherry Red Tights, $12
- Stella McCartney: Stella Eau de Parfum Roll-On, $17
jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009
Shirt: A.P.C., $165
Shorts: Forever 21, $20
Shoes: Elizabeth and James, $295
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs, $498
Belt: Martin and Osa, $70
Necklace: Rachel Leigh, $88
Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples, $325
Watch: Burberry, $795
martes, 11 de agosto de 2009
lunes, 10 de agosto de 2009
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have released a preview of the fall lineup of their "Elizabeth & James" footwear line. This season's looks are much more diverse than the previous one. This collection includes laceless boots, stilettos with exposed-zipper, and snakeskin embossed wedges. They are available for pre-order through Saks and the prices range from $285 - $465.
For all of those Gossip Girl fans, like me, here is an exclusive sneak peek at the all new season. The third season begins September 14, at 9:00 P.M. on The CW. I love the show because of how gossipy and superficial it is and the styling is amazing.
For this first look, I wanted it to be kind of dark and mysterious. The dress has a rich deep purple color and I have paired it up with dark accessories. I also paired it up with a clutch with studs, which is a big trend right now.
Dress: Marc Jacobs, $1,900.
Pumps: Pedro Garcia, $395.
Clutch: Top Shop, $90.
Cuff: Oscar de la Renta, $290.
Necklace: Yves Saint Laurent, $1,390